- Parents and Guardians
- The Curriculum | An Curaclam
- The World Around Us | An Domhan Thart Orainn
The World Around Us | An Domhan Thart Orainn
The World Around Us is presented as four inter-related strands that connect learning across Science & Technology, History and Geography.
The main aims of Science are three-fold:
- To help the pupils develop a specific range of skills.
- To engender in the children a set of attitudes appropriate to scientific study.
- To help the children assimilate various concepts related to the knowledge and understanding of science.
These aims are achieved by a whole school policy, which includes a scheme covering P1/ R1 - P7/R7 in order to ensure continuity and progression.
The study of the World Around Us is an integral part of the broad and balanced curriculum offered to all the children in Our Lady and St Patrick Primary School/Bunscoil Mhuire agus Phádraig.
Pupils are given the opportunity to study episodes and developments in both local and world history while our geography programmes focus on the study of both the immediate and distant environments.
Children will also be involved in the choice of topics which are of particular interest to them and as far as possible these will be linked to current events in the world around them.